8 Makeup Tips to Make Your Face Look Slimmer
If you have ever seen famous people looking absolutely unrecognizable without wearing a lot of makeup, then you know precisely how transformative some methods can be. Equipped with these same makeup expert tips and tricks, thee 8 golden simple tips can take 10 pounds off your look, immediately. In this article you can find great tips on how to make your face look slimmer, play with proportion and highlight your favourite features – all with applying makeup.
- Define the area by applying bronzer along your jaw line. After that, create a seamless contour by blending the shade and you will never have a double chin in a picture again.
- Bring the center of your face forward by playing with light. This will help you downplay the width of your face to get a slimmer look. Begin by highlighting the center of your face, and then apply between your eyebrows, in the center of your chin, on the Cupid’s bow above your upper lip and on the bridge of your nose.
- Lighter colors will bring your features forward, while dark makeup hues recede, just like in art. Use this technique to your advantage by applying a matte bronzer or contour color, one or two hues deeper than your tone of the skin and a luminous highlighter which is a little lighter than your complexion. You can use either powder textures or cream as you wish, or you can combine these two products. It doesn’t matter which product you choose, be sure to blend using a makeup brush – avoid streaky contour makeup.
- You should choose the correct brow shape. If you have a round face, you can balance it out by having a higher, more pronounced arch. It will vertically stretch its look, drawing your eyes upward.
- If you want to make your nose look thinner you should swipe a contour powder down the sides of the bridge. Be sure to stop before you get to the nostrils. Complete the effect by blending highlighter down the bridge of your nose in a vertical line.
- You mustn’t forget your forehead. Accentuate the angular features of your bone structure by blending your contour shade upward into your temples and around the hairline.
- Apply your contour shade in a diagonal line from the center of your cheek up toward your ear to create the illusion of slimmer cheeks. You should make a slight „fish face“ while you do this with your brush to work out the perfect placement. Don’t forget to blend. The sharper your cheekbones will look, the higher you apply the contour shade. To accentuate the contour you should finish off by swiping highlighter across the tops of your cheekbones.
- You can accentuate roundness on the face by having full lips, but using makeup to make your eyes look big will make the rest of the face look smaller in comparison. This is the reason why you should try playing up your eyes using mascara, liner and shadow while leaving your lips neutral using tinted gloss or balm.